The durian season is here and I have been dreaming of everything that can be made of it. I've attempted to make a Duriamisu together with my sis-in-law who is also interested in baking. The final outcome was a little too sweet but it is still a nice treat for any durian lovers. :)
This is the last morsel of the Duriamisu taken with my iPhone...
- 300gm of fresh durian flesh
- 250ml of whipping cream
- 20gm of icing sugar
- 1 packet of sponge fingers
- 40gm of gula melaka
- 250ml of coconut milk
- Melt gula melaka, then add 200ml of coconut milk. Do not boil as coconut milk will precipitate and turn oily.
- Soak sponge fingers with the above mixture and place a layer of the fingers in a tray.
- Process the durian flesh in a food processor with the remaining coconut milk until smooth.
- Whip the whipping cream with the icing sugar until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the durian mixure and pour a layer into the tray.
- Lay another later of soaked sponge fingers on the durian mousse and pour the rest of the mousse into the tray.
- Set in the fridge for 6hrs or freezer for 3hrs.