150g: cake flour
0.5tsp: baking powder
Pinch of salt
8: Egg yolks
2tbsp: vegetable oil
140ml: coconut milk
2tbsp: pandan juice
0.5tsp: pandan paste, vanilla, butteroil
9: egg whites
1tbsp: icing sugar
0.5tsp: cream of tartar
80gm: chocolate chips
1. Whisk egg white + icing sugar + cream of tartar until soft peaks.
2. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Mix egg yolks, coconut milk, pandan juice, essence, oil and sugar until even.
4. Add flour mixture to batter, whisk until smooth.
5. Fold egg white until well mixed and place in an ungreased 10 inch chiffon mould.
6. Fold chocolate chips gently into batter while in mould. (Prevent choc chips from sinking all to the bottom.
7. Bake for 45mins at 180oC, until golden brown or firm to touch.
8. Invert the mould and cool for at least 1hr.
*Recipe adapted from http://allthatmatters2rei.blogspot.com/2008/07/chiffon-cake-tips-and-trouble-ii.html